history of lake Fannin
n the Fannin Unit of the Caddo National Grasslands, Lake Fannin is a forty-five acre lake constructed in the 1930's by the Rural Resettlement Administration for recreation. Access to the lake is provided on the south side and includes a parking area and primitive boat ramp. The north side has been recently improved.This area was developed for recreation also in the 1930's and has now been reopened for camping and bike riding. From a boat on the lake many of the historical structures are visible.
Water and toilet facilities are now available.
From Bonham, follow state highway 78 north 2.7 miles to FM 273, turn right and go 11 miles to Park Road 34, turn left for ¼ mile to FS Rd. 923, turn right and follow for one mile to FS Rd. 923A turn left and follow to the Lake.
For More InformationCaretaker Robin Waren - 903 583 8402